Direct and Indirect Exercise No 1 for School going students



Change into Indirect the following direct sentences:

1. She said, "I want to eat ice cream." 

A) She said that she wants to eat ice cream.

B) She said that she wanted to ate ice cream. 

C) She said that she wanted to eat ice cream.

D) She said that she wants to eating ice cream.


2. She said to me, "Work hard to get good marks." 

A) She said to me that work hard to get good marks.

B) She said to me working hard to get good marks. 

C) She said to me to work hard to get good marks.

D) She advised me to work hard to get good marks.


3. He said to him, "Don't make a noise." 

A) He said to him not made a noise. 

B) He forbade him to make a noise. 

C) He forbids to make a noise.

D) He forbade that did not make a noise.


4. She said, "I have learnt the lesson." 

A) She said to me that she had learnt the lesson.

B) She said to me that she has learnt the lesson. 

C) She told me that she had learnt the lesson.

D) She said to me she had learnt the lesson. 


5. The teacher said, "Water keeps its level." 

A) The teacher told that water to keep its level. 

B) The teacher told that water kept its level. 

C) The teacher told that water keeping its level.

D) The teacher told that water keeps its level.


6. He said to her, "Will you help me?" 

A) He requested her if she could help her. 

B) He requested her if she shall help her. 

C) He requested her if she will help her.

D) He requested her if she would help her.


7. He said, "I want to get good marks."

A) He told that she wanted to get good marks.

B) He told she wanted to get good marks. 

C) He told that she wanting to get good marks.

D) He told that she want to get good marks.


8. You said, "I don't want to waste my time." 

A) You told that you didn't want to wastes your time. 

B) You told that I didn't want to waste your time. 

C) You told that you don't want to waste your time.

D) You told that you didn't want to wasted your time.


9. He said to his father, "May I go to the party? 

A) He requested his father if he might goes to the party. 

B) He requested his father if he might going to the party. 

C) He requested his father if he might went to the party.

D) He requested his father if he might go to the party.


10. The old man said to them, "Put your trust in Allah and do your best."

A) The old man advised them put their trust in Allah and do their best. 

B) The old man advised them to put their trust in Allah and do their best. 

C) The old man advised them to put his trust in Allah and do their best.

D) The old man advised them to put his trust in Allah and do his best.


Note: Mark the correct options and reply in comment box below:

Correct the sentences Exercise

Comments

  1. Correct Sentences
    1.She said that she wanted to ate ice cream
    2.She adviced me to work hard to get good marks
    3.He forbade him to make a noise
    4.She told me that she had learnt the lesson
    5.The teacher told that water kept its level
    6.He requested her if she would help her
    7.He told that she wanted to get good marks
    8.You told that you didn't wanted to wastes your time
    9.He requested his father if he might went to the party.
    10.The old man advised them to put their trust in Allah and do their best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. to eat
    6. water keeps
    8. did not want
    9. might go
    Advised not adviced

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have any problem in Learning English grammar, you are welcome to put your question, I will try my best to provide you what you want to learn. I would like to resolve your your learning issues regarding English grammar.

Popular posts from this blog

Science and Society (with an outline)

Use of 'will', 'shall' and 'would'

Present Continuous or Simple Present Tense