English Correction


Topic: Correction:

Q. Correct the following sentences:

1. She is very taller than me. (Incorrect)

She is very taller than I. (Correct)

2. Either he or I are in the wrong. (Incorrect)

Either he or I am in the wrong. (Correct)

3. I want that you should come here soon. (Incorrect)

I want you to come here soon. (Correct)

4. He went out just now. (Incorrect)

He has gone out just now. (Correct)

5. Why you refuse to obey him? (Incorrect)

Why did you refuse him to obey? (Correct)

6. She has laid in the bed. (Incorrect)

She has lain in the bed. (Correct)

7. He has been operated. (Incorrect)

He has been operated upon. (Correct)

8. The leg of Ali was broken in an accident. (Incorrect)

Ali’s leg was broken in an accident. (Correct)

9. He is so weak to walk. (Incorrect)

He was too weak to walk. (Correct)

10. She is a miser woman. (Incorrect)

She is a miserly woman. (Correct) 

11. She speaks friendly. (Incorrect)

She speaks in a friendly manner. (Correct) 

12. She looks tiredly. (Incorrect)

She looks tired.  (Correct) 

13. They are talking friendly. (Incorrect)

They are talking in a friendly manner. (Correct) 

14. You are speaking polite. (Incorrect)

You are speaking politely. (Correct) 

15. He is very tired to walk. (Incorrect)

He is too tired to walk. (Correct) 




Comments

Post a Comment

If you have any problem in Learning English grammar, you are welcome to put your question, I will try my best to provide you what you want to learn. I would like to resolve your your learning issues regarding English grammar.

Popular posts from this blog

Science and Society (with an outline)

Use of 'will', 'shall' and 'would'

Present Continuous or Simple Present Tense